As the popularity of ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft continues to grow in Canada, more and more people are turning to these services as a source of income. However, if you’re a driver for Uber or Lyft, it’s important to understand the unique insurance considerations that come with this type of work. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with five key insurance tips for Uber and Lyft drivers in Canada.
- Understand your insurance options: It’s important to understand the insurance options available to you as an Uber or Lyft driver in Canada. Your personal car insurance policy may not provide adequate coverage when you’re driving for a ride-sharing service. Make sure you’re familiar with the coverage provided by Uber and Lyft, as well as any additional coverage you may need to purchase.
- Keep accurate records: As a ride-sharing driver, you’ll need to keep accurate records of your earnings, expenses, and miles driven. This will not only help you when it comes to filing your taxes, but it can also be useful if you need to file an insurance claim.
- Consider commercial insurance: If you’re a full-time ride-sharing driver, you may want to consider purchasing commercial auto insurance. This type of insurance is designed specifically for businesses that rely on vehicles, and it can provide additional coverage beyond what is offered by Uber and Lyft.
- Be prepared for accidents: Accidents can happen to anyone, so it’s important to be prepared in case you’re involved in one while driving for Uber or Lyft. Make sure you have a first-aid kit in your car, and keep a list of emergency contacts with you at all times.
- Drive safely: The best way to avoid accidents and insurance claims is to drive safely. Follow the rules of the road, avoid distractions while driving, and always prioritize the safety of your passengers and other drivers on the road.
Are you a Business Owner? Perhaps you’re a business owner looking for commercial insurance? Public Liability, Commercial Vehicle Insurance… Get the right Business insurance for your company. Request a quote today from the Commercial Insurance Pros.